Saturday, August 25, 2012

Front Foyer

Hey there!  It's been a long time since I posted anything.  Life got in the way...you know how it goes.  Anywhoo, I actually accomplished something I'm kind of proud of today -- I recovered the little chair in my foyer.

Check out the before:
 
 
This chair has been in my dad's family for about 100 years.  From what I understand, it belonged to my dad's grandmother.  It passed to her daughter (my Grandma Hagan), then to her daughter (my Aunt Curly), and then to my mom, and then to me!  It's a perfect little perch to put on shoes or to set down a bag.

I decided it needed a bit of an update to fit in with the new look of our foyer.  I found a beautiful piece of white chevron fabric from Nautica at JoAnn's a couple of weeks ago.  It was on *super* sale, so I nabbed it!
 
 

I'm not 100% happy with my front corners, but I'm gonna live with it for now.  :-)

Here's the after:

 
And here's the finishing touch I added to it:
 
 
A gift from my friend Gretchen that I just love!
 

The foyer as a whole:
 
 

On the opposite side, here's what you'll find:


 
 I think it turned out rather well (though I may be prejudiced).  Hee hee!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving me a comment. Have a great day!