Monday, June 4, 2012

Meal Plan: June 4-8

Look at all the yummy meals I've got lined up for you this week!

Monday: California Grilled Chicken Avocado and Mango Salad
Don't you think this salad looks scrumptious?!



Tuesday:  Spicy Bean Burritos
I really like having one meatless meal a week.  Here is my choice this time around.

Spicy Bean Burritos (Freezer Friendly)

Wednesday:  Jamaican Jerk Chicken & the Best Rice Ever
Yes, I made this a few weeks ago.  Yes, I'm gonna make it again this week.  It is that good!

DSC_0626

Thursday:  Turkey Spinach Avocado Burgers
I shied away from ground turkey for the longest time, but it's really quite good.  This recipe combines the ground turkey with spinach for an extra-healthy and flavorful burger.  Can't wait to try it!



Friday:  Honey Rosemary Pork Chops
Oh, my!  This looks like heaven on a plate.



BONUS:  Rosemary Lemonade
A dear friend made this for me last week, and I fell in love!  Do yourself a favor and make up a pitcher TODAY.  :-)

Rosemary-Lemon Syrup
1 small lemon
2 cups water
1 cup granulated sugar
1 spring fresh rosemary (about 5 inches long)

Lemonade
7 small lemons
3 cups cold water
3 cups ice cubes plus additional for serving

1.  Prepare syrup:  Into 2-quart saucepan, grate peel from lemon; reserve lemon.  Add water and sugar and heat to boiling over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally until sugar dissolves.  Remove saucepan from heat; stir in rosemary sprig.  Cover and let stand at room temperature for 1 hour.  Refrigerate syrup for 1 hour or until chilled.

2.  Prepare lemonade:  Squeeze juice from 7 lemons plus reserved lemon through strainer into large pitcher.  Strain rosemary mixture into pitcher; stir in cold water and ice.  Serve lemonade in tall glasses over ice.


Enjoy your week, my friends!

Chris

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving me a comment. Have a great day!