Sunday, June 24, 2012

Salad Sunday

Okay, I'm going to switch things up a bit here.  I had been posting regular meal plans almost every week, but now I think I'm going to take a break.  It turned out that half the time, I wouldn't even make those meals myself.  So instead, I'm going to find 2-3 salads online that I want to try, and post those for you instead.  Bill and I are trying to eat more healthy meals, and it's summertime:  the perfect time for salads!

Here are three delightful salads that I've found this week:

Wedge Salad from the Tasty Kitchen

Two words:  Fried shallots.  Yummmm!

Tasty Kitchen Blog Wedge Salad


Honey Roasted Chicken Salad from Iowa Girl Eats

I've tried several of Kristin's recipes and have yet to be disappointed.  As a bonus, this salad is mayonnaise free!

DSC_0159

And finally Cabbage with Almonds, Blood Oranges and Ginger Vinaigrette from the Roost blog

I'm doubtful that I'll be able to find blood oranges at my local cut-rate grocery store, so I will probably go with regular old navel oranges instead.  And you know what?  I bet I won't know what I'm missing.  :-)



Enjoy your Sunday!
Chris

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving me a comment. Have a great day!