Monday, April 23, 2012

Weekly Meal Plan: April 23-27

Can you believe it's the start of another week already?  Bill and I spent a fabulous weekend in Chicago.  More on that later.  We had a ball!  Hope you all had a good weekend too.


Monday:  Black Bean Sloppy Joes from Sweet Treats & More

I love the idea of a meatless sloppy joe substitute.  These call for adding a slice of cheese to the sandwich.  Why didn't I think of that?!



Tuesday:  Crockpot Spinach Lasagna from The Tasty Cheapskate

My friend Jenna regularly makes lasagna in the crockpot (and her husband *raves* about it!), but I've never tried it.  Wish me luck!



Wednesday:  Pulled Pork Sliders from A Zesty Bite

I love slaw on top of my pulled pork sandwich.  These look to.die.for.  :-)



Thursday:  Jamaican Jerk Chicken with Red Beans and Rice from Iowa Girl Eats

I was introduced to Jerk Chicken about 10 years ago, but I've only ever used the Jerk Seasoning from the store.  This recipe uses a make-your-own blend.  I can't wait to try it!  This is about as authentic as it gets, as Iowa Girl and her hubby just came back from Jamaica.  Yeah, mon!


Friday:  Tacos Deluxe from Kitchen Life of a Navy Wife

This taco recipe looks so scrumptious!  No prepackaged taco seasoning here, friends.  This beef is slow-simmered in a homemade sauce full of wonderful spices.  Yum!

Like Paula Deen, I'm sending you "love and best dishes" (in my *very* bad Georgia drawl, y'all)!

Chris

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving me a comment. Have a great day!