Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Weekly Meal Plan: April 2 - April 6

I'm a bit late on this week's meal plan - sorry!  Bill and I went to visit my mom over the weekend since we won't be able to be there for Easter Sunday next week.  She very kindly fixed a traditional feast for us then, so Bill and I had ham, mashed potatoes and gravy, Waldorf salad, and rolls for dinner again on Monday. 
My mouth's watering just remembering all that delicious food! 
Moms are so cool, don't you think?  :-)



Bill's going to get out the grill again tonight to prepare the chicken
for this scrumptious looking salad.
We're expected to hit 80 degrees today.  Maybe we'll eat out on the deck. 
I'll serve this with some crusty bread on the side.



I fixed my first pork loin a couple of years ago for a Halloween party (it was technically "Herb Roasted Pork with Vampire Fighter's Garlic Sauce - LOL!).  It was one of the best things I'd ever eaten!  Pork loins are seriously easy to cook and provide a blank canvas for whatever flavor you'd like to give them.
This one gets an herb rub made of garlic, basil, thyme and rosemary. 
The carrots have a honey-balsamic glaze, and the potatoes are jazzed up with some boursin cheese. 
Can you say yum??  Can't wait to try this one.



Words can't even express how eager I am to try this recipe!  It looks so tantalizing with the "guacamole" spread and pepper jack cheese on top
along with all the flavor in the burgers themselves: 
red pepper, green onion, cilantro and lime juice.  Mmmm!



This looks a lot like something that would be served at our favorite Greek restaurant!
I recently learned how to do kebabs in the oven,
so I think that's going to be my approach here.

Happy eating this week, friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving me a comment. Have a great day!