• 1-1⁄2 cups finely crushed chocolate wafers (25 wafers)
• 6 tablespoons butter or margarine, melted
• 6-1⁄2 cups miniature marshmallows
• 1⁄2 cup milk
• 1⁄4 cup crème de menthe syrup**
• 1 cup whipping cream
• Few drops green food coloring (optional)
• Whipped cream, for garnish
• Chocolate curls, for garnish
For crust: Combine crushed wafers and melted butter. Spread evenly on bottom and sides of 9-inch pie pan. Chill about 1 hour.
For filling: In large saucepan, combine marshmallows and milk. Cook over low heat until
marshmallows are melted. Remove from heat and cool, stirring several times while cooling. Add crème de menthe. Whip cream and fold into marshmallow mixture. Add food coloring, if desired. Pour filling into crust. Chill 2 hours before serving. Garnish with whipped cream and chocolate curls.
Makes 1 pie.
* I bought a ready-made chocolate graham cracker crust from the store. Worked great!
** Since I couldn't find any crème de menthe syrup, I made some:
2/3 C. water
1/3 C. light corn syrup
3/4 t. peppermint extract
6 drops green food coloring (optional)
Stir all ingredients to combine. Store indefinitely in an airtight container at room temperature. Yield: 1 cup.