Thursday, August 4, 2011

Savory Raspberry Chicken

I came across this recipe in an issue of Everybody Cooks, which is a little recipe booklet put out several times a year in my local Dierbergs grocery store.  It's a delicious, light dish - perfect for summer, and I forget how good it is until I make it again.  It's great for company or just a family meal.


4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves (about 1 lb.)
1 t. garlic pepper seasoning
1 T. margarine
1/2 C. prepared raspberry vinaigrette dressing
1 T. soy sauce
1/2 t prepared horseradish
Hot cooked rice
2 kiwi fruit, peeled and sliced (optional)
Fresh raspberries (optional)

Place chicken breasts between two sheets of plastic wrap.  Using meat mallet gently pound chicken to even thickness.  Remove plastic; rub garlic pepper over chicken.  Heat margarine in large skillet over medium-high heat.  Add chicken; cook for 3-5 minutes.  Turn chicken over.  In small bowl, combine vinaigrette, soy sauce and horseradish.  Add to skillet; cook until chicken id done, about 3 minutes.  Place cooked chicken on bed of hot cooked rice.  Spoon sauce over; top each with kiwi slices and raspberries.  Makes 4 servings.

I always use a light raspberry vinaigrette.  This particular time, I used brown rice.  It turned out great!  I added green beans seasoned with some dried dill and seasoned salt.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving me a comment. Have a great day!