Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Day Seventeen: Repair and Wear


This is a jacket I've had for about a year.  And for half of that time it's sat in my closet waiting for its missing button to be sewn back on.  The problem was, I had put the button in a "safe" place...and then walked off and completely forgot where that safe place was!  [Please tell me you do that too.  I don't want to be the only one!]  Well, about a week ago, I found that precious button again.  I was so excited!  This time, I left it out in the open where I could see it and be reminded that I needed to sew it back on this jacket.  I did that just in time for Kayla's Day 17 Challenge:  Repair and wear.  Hooray for me!!


See that button?  Did I do a good job or what?!


You all know me by now, so you know I love a pretty brooch!  I found this one last year at Pier 1.  It always brings me compliments.  That sure makes my day.


I couldn't resist adding my pink sapphire ring, a gift from my parents about 10 years ago.  I love its color!


And look - I wore a belt again!  Never again will I be afraid of a piece of leather with a buckle on it.  I have faced my fears and come out stronger than ever!  ;-)

Jacket:  Kohl's
Tank:  Fashion Bug
Trousers:  JCPenney
Shoes:  TJ Maxx
Brooch:  Pier 1
Belt:  Cato

2 comments:

  1. That jacket is so flattering on you! It looks GREAT. The brooch is a fun pop, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The jacket is great, but the brooch and belt are greater! I love how brave we're all becoming with fashion things that used to scare us.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a comment. Have a great day!